9 Best Bitcoin exchanges to buy bitcoin with a debit card, credit card, and PayPal
This article lists the best bitcoin exchanges to buy Bitcoin with a debit card, credit card, and PayPal. I have given my best efforts to find the most suitable and trusted exchanges for the purpose
Bitcoin and other top bitcoin alternatives are on their boom now. At the starting of July 2018 Bitcoin value is hovering around 6000$ to 7000$. (Although Bitcoin value was at its peak in late December 2017 and at the start of 2018) In the year 2017 Bitcoin annual growth was staggering ( 4000% ) – unreal
I can assure you one thing that the price of Bitcoin will keep on increasing because Bitcoins was innovated in such a way that only 21 million Bitcoins can be mined and around 17 million Bitcoins have been mined so far. So even a fraction of Bitcoin is a gem.
In late December when Bitcoin price surge to 3000$ to 18000$ in a matter of 30 days. This huge surge in the price of Bitcoin was one of the hottest topics in the market. Every media outlet and all other investing institution buzzing the market about Bitcoin expansion. The people who were even unknown to cryptocurrency just rushed to buy a piece of cake.
Due to this reason all major exchanges was overloaded. It was literally impossible to buy Bitcoin during that period even some exchanges banned new user registration and the transaction was taking 24 to 72 hours to complete. On average Bitcoin price rose to 300$ to 1000$ per day. So it was basically the loss of 500$ to 1000$ per 24 hour due to pending and late transactions.
Not able to Purchase Bitcoin instantly or on demand caught Cryptocurrency exchanges off guard. Some users were unable to capitalize that rare opportunity which Bitcoin offered them. Hence then, user realized the importance of buying Bitcoin instantly to grab the given opportunity. Hence the debit card and PayPal is one of the solutions to buy Bitcoin and altcoins instantly.
So keeping in mind, the importance to buy bitcoin with the debit card and PayPal. I have mentioned below list of 9 best bitcoin exchange to buy Bitcoin with the debit card and PayPal.
To buy and store Bitcoins first you need to create Bitcoin wallet address which is like your Bank account number where you store your money and same is followed for Bitcoin where you need wallet address to store Bitcoins. Hence buying & selling Bitcoins instantly is not an issue now because there are few legit Bitcoins exchanges which I listed below. First I will list bitcoin exchanges to buy bitcoin with a debit card and credit card and then I will List exchanges to buy bitcoin with PayPal.
9 best bitcoin exchanges to buy Bitcoin with a debit card, credit card, and PayPal
Coinbase exchange is one of the established, reputed and best Bitcoin exchange to buy Bitcoin with a debit card and credit card. Coinbase exchange doesn’t allow to buy bitcoin with PayPal
The exchange was founded by Brian Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam in 2012 and based in San Francisco, California. Coinbase supports 33 countries including the United States of America and has served over 12 million customers to exchange over $40 billion in digital currencies.
Other than Bitcoin Coinbase exchange also allows buying altcoins instantly with USD like Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, and Ethereum instantly with a debit card. Although, there are other payment methods like Bank transfer, SEPA, and Xfers(only available in Singapore)
It also provides cold storage wallets to store Bitcoin and all three altcoins in 190 countries including USA and India. Coinbase charge fees ranging from roughly 1.49% to 3.99%, depending on your payment method, transactions with the credit card are charged most i.e. 3.99% which is among the lowest for European and US customers.
There are four account verification levels on Coinbase, and first, three levels verification takes only a couple of minutes. The fourth level verification does take the little bit longer maybe few weeks. Upgraded account level increases the user’s buying and selling weekly limit from 1000$ to 50000$ per week.
Coin base is one of the best exchange even for beginners because of its very user-friendly interface. It is literally effortless to acquire Bitcoin from here with a credit card. Its security is robust. Two-factor authentication is necessary to even logged in. Passwords are encrypted and Bitcoins and all other three altcoins are insured.
It sits at the top of the hierarchy on the list of best bitcoin exchanges to buy Bitcoin with a debit card and credit card
- Established and reputed exchange, available in 30 countries to Buy Bitcoin with a credit card & debit card.
- High weekly limits to buy Bitcoins and altcoins
- Security is robust enough
- Bitcoins along with three altcoins are insured
- Cold storage wallet for each altcoin
- Exchange charges 3.99% fee using the credit & debit card. Which is among the lowest for European and US customers.
- .Not available in every country to buy bitcoin with the debit card including India
- .Level 4 account verification take forever.
- Doesn’t offer to buy bitcoin with PayPal
Coin Mama is a veteran exchange and was launched in the year 2013. It is a company based in Israel and is ranked second on the list of 9 best bitcoin exchange to buy Bitcoin with a debit card and credit card
Coinmama offers high liquidity and allows to buy & sell 10000$ worth Bitcoins per day and 20000$ worth of Bitcoins in a month with a credit card & debit card (thanks to companies like Simplex which have allowed exchanges to verify users with less risk, thus allowing the acceptance of credit cards rather the old methods like Western Union)
Coinmama offers the highest buying limits on the list of best bitcoin exchange to buy Bitcoin with a credit & debit card. Other than the credit & debit card, Western Union, and cash are also accepted payment method.
( coinmama exchange is one of the rarest exchange which allows buying bitcoins and altcoins with cash directly)
Coinmama supports the most countries including some states of United State of America.
Tennessee, Texas, Virginia Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Illinois, Indiana Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, Massachusetts, California, Colorado, Florida, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Carolina.
There is four account verification level. Which set the buying & selling weekly limit
- An unverified user can buy & sell Bitcoin and Ethereum worth 150$. Then comes level1, level2, and level3
- Level 1 – Transaction limit increased to 10,000$ instantly using the credit & debit card Require a valid personal ID
- Level 2 – Transaction limit is increased to 50,000$. Requires valid personal ID and address proof
- Level 3 – Transaction limit is increased to 1 million $ worth Bitcoins or Ethereum
- There is no limit to a level 3 verified user. To get level 3 verified you should be level 2 verified and has to make a special request to the support ([email protected]).
Coinmama’s transaction fee is on the higher side, with a 5.50% fee per transaction. In addition, Coinmama charges an additional 5% fee for buying Bitcoins and altcoins using the credit & debit card.
Transactions are fast. Customer support usually replies within 10 minutes. Overall, there is no alternative to Coinmama exchange if you want to buy Bitcoin with a debit card and credit card at the expense of high fee.
- .Very user-friendly interface.
- .Offer one of the highest Bitcoins buying limit per day (50000$) for verified members using the credit & debit card
- .Very fast transaction.
- .Transaction fee is comparatively high
- .For buying Bitcoins more than 150$ user have to get verified.
- Can’t buy bitcoin with PayPal
3. Cex.io –
Cex.io exchange is also one of the established and renowned Bitcoin exchange online. It is based in London and was established in 2013 as a Bitcoin mining provider but now only operates as Bitcoin exchange.
It let you Bitcoin with a credit card and debit card along with other multiple payment options. Cex.io exchange charge 3.5% + $0.25 fee for buying Bitcoin and altcoins with the Visa or Mastercard. This is one of the lowest fees for credit card purchase.
In case, you buy Bitcoins directly using the debit card or net banking then Cex.io will charge an extra 7% service fee. So in plain English, it means if you want to buy Bitcoins worth $1000 you will receive Bitcoins worth 930$
However, if you fund your Cex.io account with either a bank account (no commission on CEX.io’s part) or a credit card (3.5% + $0.25 commission). Cex.io supports are Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple xrp coin, Monero, Dash, Z-cash, Neo, Namecoin, Dogecoin, and Litecoin.
Fiat-currency they support are Euros, Pound, US dollar, Russian rubles. There are four types of account Cex.io supports, which set the buying & selling limit of the user.
- Basic account users can buy Bitcoins and other altcoins worth 500$.
- The verified account allows a user to buy bitcoin and altcoins worth 100000$ per day. To be a verified account holder user has to upload a scanned copy of government-issued ID with a selfie holding it.
- There is also a ‘verified plus and Corporate account’ which allow a user to buy & sell Bitcoins and other altcoins worth unlimited amount. To get verified plus and corporate account status user has to make a special request to customer support.
Cex.io has strong security architecture and user-friendly interface. Customer support is of the highest standard and they usually answer within hours.
cex.io exchange ranked third on the list of best bitcoin exchanges to buy bitcoins instantly using credit & debit card
- Well established and renowned Bitcoin exchange with a large member base
- Very user-friendly interface, ideal for beginners.
- Cex.io offer multiple payment options including wire transfer and SEPA
- Support all major cryptocurrencies
- The transaction is fast and instant
- Charge reasonable 3.5%+0.25$ fee if you fund your cex.io account using the debit card
- Can buy an unlimited amount of bitcoins with verified plus and corporate account
- 7% hidden service fee if a user buys Bitcoin with a credit card and debit card or net banking directly i.e. without depositing fund in the cex.io account.
- Doesn’t allow to buy Bitcoin with PayPal
Changelly is newly born Bitcoin exchange or Instant cryptocurrency exchange launched in 2016. It was established by the exact men who own MinerGate – a mining pool that will allow you to sign up for other miners across the globe. Changelly is based in Prague(Checkslovakia). The exchange is clean and easy to use, have an intuitive interface, best exchange rates, very low fees.
It allows you to buy, exchange altcoins in the most convenient way possible. It does this by aggregating and suggesting the best rates directly on its website. Hence it offers you best exchange rate in comparison to other best bitcoin exchanges to buy Bitcoins and altcoins instantly using the debit card.
Changelly accepts payments in nearly any cryptocurrency and you can receive a payout in any other cryptocurrency. There is a static trading fee 0.5% fee, which is fairly competitive. However, cheaper rates are available when working directly on market trading platforms. But if you buy & trades using fiat currency (i.e., dollars, euros, etc.) directly then fee vary with this method. The trading fee can reach up to 15% on a bad day. To process these transactions, Changelly needs a third-party payment service, which massively varies the rate (currently Indacoin). However, it claimed to be working to counter this issue.
Changelly supports almost every country in the world. It has very high buying limits and solid liquidity. You can make a trade of any size, and a transaction is processed within 5 to 30 minutes and without a doubt one of the best bitcoin exchange to buy bitcoin with a debit card and credit card instantly with no verification.
- No ID verification is needed to buy altcoins and bitcoins with a VISA or MasterCard.
- The largest offering of altcoins in cryptocurrency exchange industry.
- Lowest commission fee for crypto-to-crypto conversion.
- The interface is clean, simple, and beginner-friendly
- Security is top notch with a great customer support.
- The fee is slightly higher when buying Bitcoins and altcoins using a debit card
- Can’t buy Bitcoin with PayPal
Indacoin is a London-based exchange and rated 5th on the list of best bitcoin exchanges to buy Bitcoins instantly using credit & debit card, was established in 2013. The exchange allows buying at best exchange rates without any verification.
When the first time you use the credit & debit card, you will receive a call from Indacoin with a 4-digit code, which should be entered on your order page. After that, you have to enter a 3-digit code which is available on your online card statement next to the final order amount.
You can also buy bitcoin using Payza, OkCash, UniPay, BTC-e other than the credit card.
- You will have the buying limit of $50 for the first transaction.
- Then buying limit will be increased to $100 for the second transaction after 4 days of the first transaction.
- Then buying limit increased to $500 after eight days of the first buy.
- The total limit for the first month will be $5,000 and then no limits at all.
- Transaction fee for credit card is 4% (minimum 2$) of the total amount
- The only option to withdraw fiat currency is through Payza
- Payza charges $8 fee for withdrawal of less than $5000 via credit & debit card.
- Payza charges $0.50 withdrawal fee via net banking.
Security is stable enough to make transaction secure on the platform. They only allow 3-D secure card for the transaction. Support is satisfactory there are options for Live chat, email support, and phone support.
- Support more than 200 countries
- Multiple payment methods including the ok-cash, payza, Unipay, and wire transfer
- No cryptocurrency depositing fee
- No ID verification is required
- No direct bank transfer
- Comparatively high transaction fee
- No option for withdrawal bitcoin with a credit & debit card.
- Can’t allow to buy Bitcoin with PayPal
6. Bitstamp – (Europe oriented best Bitcoin exchange)
Bitstamp was founded in August 2011 by current CEO Nejc Kodrič and Damijan Merlak. The company was originally launched in Slovenia but eventually moved to the UK in April 2013, before moving to Luxembourg in 2016. It is fully licensed in Luxembourg as a legal EU payment institution So it is operated and regulated in all 28 EU countries. Bitstamp claimed to be first regulated and licensed cryptocurrency exchange.
The exchange allows to buy Bitcoin with a debit card and credit card along with other traditional payment methods like bank transfer. There are some specifics regarding the bank transfers, with EU clients being more easily accepted via the SEPA System. While this system relatively faster comes at higher fees (depending on your bank).
Bitstamp supports four altcoins Litecoin, Bitcoin cash, Ethereum, ripple xrp coin along Bitcoin to buy, sell, and trade. $5 is the minimum value required for crypto trading on Bitstamp exchange Depositing and withdrawing are free for all top cryptocurrency. However, withdrawing using BitGo Instant will cost you 0.1%. Also transferring Ripple between accounts costs 0.20% of the value involved.
The fee charges to buy bitcoin with a credit card and debit card depends on the amount of transaction.
- Bitstamp charges 8% for amounts less than $500
- They charges 7% for amounts between $500 and $1,000, and 6% for purchases above $1,000 but less than $5,000. It charges 5% for purchases above $5,000.
- Withdrawals from Bitstamp using the credit card costs a flat fee of $10 for the amount less than $1,000. For withdrawal over $1,000, Bitstamp charges a fee of 2%.
- Bitstamp charges for a long list of service and operational fees. The list includes declined cash withdrawals ($0.55), a monthly account fee ($1.95) and a dormancy fee ($5).
Bitstamp seems to be more convenient for European users because you can deposit Euros with SEPA for free. There are claims that the Bitstamp customer support is notably better than on many other exchanges, but can still be very slow. Once a trade has been entered, it is extremely quick.
On January 2015, Bitstamp got hacked for 19,000 bitcoins. Hence halt its service for about a week. Not ideal, but definitely not near the 850,000 bitcoins that got hacked from Mt. Gox. But, each security threat makes a platform to adopt more security measures to ensure the safety and security of users. Since the hack in 2015, things have been relatively smooth for Bitstamp. Enabling 2-factor authentication is compulsory to even access the platform and user verification is necessary to make a trade.
Bitstamp keeps around 98% of all its crypto coins in cold wallets. The rest is kept for live trading via the exchange. Bitstamp has a clean and user-friendly interface on the web as well as on mobile applications. Customer support is notably better but extensive verification can take weeks if not the months to complete
Overall, Bitstamp is well established and secure exchange mainly for intermediate to advanced high-level traders, especially those living in Europe. And does deserve its place on the list of best bitcoin exchange to buy Bitcoin with a debit card and credit card instantly.
- Bitstamp is first regulated and licensed cryptocurrency exchange
- Depositing Euro with SEPA is free.
- Low trading fees of .25% or lower
- Bitcoins and altcoins deposits & withdrawals are free
- Transactions are extremely quick.
- Customer support is notably better than other established exchanges.
- Depositing and withdrawing funds using the credit card is relatively expensive.
- Extensive verification take weeks to complete
- A limited number of altcoins to buy & sell
- buying bitcoin with PayPal is not supported
Xcoins is not a typical Bitcoin exchange rather it is a Bitcoin lending platform i.e. a peer-to-peer Bitcoin lending service that connects bitcoin lenders and borrowers.
The process of receiving bitcoin on xCoins is the exact same as any exchange. Simply make payment via PayPal or the credit card to the lender and receive bitcoin instantly. xCoins has been operating since August 5, 2016, based in California, USA and founded by Sergey Nikitin a computer science graduate from the University of California.
Xcoins is one of the rare exchange that allows to buy bitcoin with PayPal. Instead of selling you Bitcoins they are literally loaning you Bitcoins. Bitcoin is the only currency xCoins support. Xcoins provides their service to more than 40 countries including the USA and India.
The minimum loan amount is 10$ and the maximum loan amount is $100
- Allows to buy bitcoin with a debit card, credit card and PayPal ( extremely rare in cryptocurrency exchange market)
- Transactions are instant
- High member base of US, India, Spain, Italy, and UK users (approx 90%)
- Maximum loan amount limit is low
- Got hacked in 2017 (but recover well since then)
- Interface features are not appealing. No graphs and charts
The Virtual World Exchange is commonly known as virvox. It was launched in 2007 for the players of the Second Life virtual reality video game. There you could exchange fiat currency for the virtual game tokens known as Second Life Lindens (SLL), Avination’s C$, and known as Open Metaverse Currency (OMC).
The Virtual World Exchange is headquartered in Vienna, Austria. It was launched well before digital currency came into existence. In 2011 they started to accept Bitcoins hence basically became the Bitcoin exchange allows to buy Bitcoins instantly using the credit & debit card, PayPal, Skrill, SOFORT Banking (same as online banking), Paysafecard (one can add money to a Paysafecard from one of their locations throughout the world via cash), and OkCash.
In 2018, VirWoX is the go-to site for people in need of SLL and Bitcoin, particularly those who use PayPal. The exchange has over 980K registered users at the time of writing this post. VirVox exchange has users mainly from USA, Germany, and France.
The user needs to convert the “real” money into SLL and SLL to Bitcoins. It can be inconvenient and expensive but it’s probably to keep off the scammers and con artists. On top of this, there are not many Bitcoin exchange who accept PayPal as payment method except Local Bitcoins (depends on whether seller accept Paypal as a payment option or not? if yes, then those sellers generally ask high exchange rate)
VirWoX has been around for a decade. On the legal aspect, VirWoX is officially registered and regulated and actually has a physical office. Most of the bitcoin exchanges do not have physical addresses and most definitely don’t give their locations. Probably the biggest advantage of VirWoX is the convenient fiat payment methods i.e. PayPal, debit card, credit card, Skrill, Paysafe card, SOFORT deposits.
Virwox has slightly high fees but this is mainly due to the site is constantly under high risk of being defrauded by people taking advantage of PayPal’s buyer protection policy and they have to charge higher fees to serve as premium.
- The PayPal fee, for instance, is 0.35 Euro + 3.4% of the transaction amount.
- The Skrill fee is similar and somewhat higher 1.e. 0.39 Euro + 3.5% of the transaction.
- The withdrawals also charged with handling fees i.e. 0.0005 BTC per bitcoin withdrawal.
- Fiat currency + 2% PayPal Fee per PayPal withdrawal.
- 1 USD or 1 Euro per withdrawal will be charged for all other types of withdrawals.
- Deposits in Bitcoin are free.
- Along with the transfer fees, VirWoX also charges commissions.
- Depending on the coin and the type of order (market or limit) Virvox charges a commission
Credit card limits – VirWoX has set certain buying limit with the credit cards & PayPal, depending on the age of the account.
- Level 0 – 90 euro per day and 270 euro per month buying limit with the debit card, credit card, and PayPal.
- Level 1 – level 1 starts after 10 days to signup and buying limit is 120 Euro/day and 900 Euro /30 days
- Level 2 – after 30 days to signup buying limit is 200 Euro/day and 2000Euro/month.
- Level 3 – after 60 days to signup buying limit is Euro 400/day and Euro 5000/month
- Level 4 – on special request to support buying limit is Euro 1000/day and Euro 15000/month
- There are no limits for withdrawals.
Support and security of the exchange are satisfactory and platform provide a user-friendly and smooth experience. VirVox exchange without a doubt is one of the best bitcoin exchange to buy bitcoin with a debit card, credit card, and PayPal.
- Virvox exchange is regulatory with physical address presence in Vienna, Austria
- Multiple payment options
- Accept Paypal as a payment option (one of the few)
- No ID verification is required
- Online presence over a decade
- Slow support
- High transaction fee
BitBay was established in 2014 and rated as one of the established and renowned places to buy Bitcoins and altcoins instantly in Europe today. The company is based in Poland and spearheaded by their CEO Sylwester Suszek who is a prominent personality in the finance world. BitBay allows funding the account with the Credit Card instantly,
Bitbay can be used to buy, sell, and trade Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ether, Lisk, Bitcoin cash, Game, Dash. For Polish users, you can actually get a BitBay debit card to make local purchases and transactions. This card is tied to your BitBay account and is backed by MasterCard. There are also features for paying bills and buying bitcoin via SMS.
BitBay offers a more advanced trading platform. BitBay allows a user to trade more efficiently than many of its competitors. The reason for this is that BitBay does not hold the currencies themselves, they just provide a software and platform for the user to buy, sell and trade Bitcoin and other altcoins against Fiat currency.
Fiat currencies they support are USD, Euro, and Polish zloty. BitBay accepts deposits both in Cryptocurrencies i.e. Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ether, Lisk, Dash, Bitcoin cash, Monero, Game tokens, Ripple coin and in fiat currencies i.e. EUR, USD, and PLN.
Payment method accepted by BitBay is the bank wire transfer, credit and debit cards. Polish users can make a deposit through the Polish post office and at the convenience store chain Zabka Freshmarket. The user can make transaction up to 15000 Euro using the credit card & debit card basically without any ID verification. But you have to get your Mastercard verified. Wire transfer allows a user to purchase the unlimited amount of Bitcoins and altcoins without or with ID verification. So does transactions made via cryptocurrencies are unlimited.
Bitbay uses taker-maker fee model and transactions fee would depend on the monthly volume trade size. The taker fee for the website ranges from 0.25 to 0.43% and the maker fee runs around 0.17 to 0.30% per transaction. You can read more about the complete list of fee schedules here. Bitbay also charges 5% fee for deposits made via Credit Card.
Bitbay has good and active online support. Using an instant messaging app at the bottom of the screen support is always one click away. Bitbay is rated ninth on the list of best bitcoin exchange to buy bitcoin with a debit card and credit card.
- Accept fiat currency deposits
- Multiple payment options including the credit card deposit
- Advanced altcoin trading platform with high no of altcoins
- Highly suited to Poland and European customers
- PayPal is not supported
- Not beginner-friendly
There are three more below listed exchange which allows to buy bitcoin with the debit card, credit card, and PayPal instantly and directly
- Local bitcoins exchange – almost every possible payment method available, allow to buy bitcoin with a debit card, credit card, and PayPal
- paxful exchange- more than 300 payment options available, can buy bitcoin with a debit card, credit card, and PayPal.
- E-toro – ( One of the best CFD trading platform authorized and regulated by (FCA) ) does allow to buy Bitcoin with a debit card, credit card, and Paypal along with other 8 altcoins
(A complete review all above exchange is coming soon)
Note – After Buying Bitcoins and altcoins never leave your coins on online exchange store them in cryptocurrency hardware wallets
Hello, I am HarshVasistha Btech(IT) from New Delhi, India. I am the Owner and the Author of coinexpansion. Although, I am not a techie but got infatuated with blockchain technology. Hence I commit myself to thorough and in-depth research on the core subject. Coinexpansion is the product of my cryptocurrency learning lust.
Hobbies – An avid reader, compulsive learner, passionate writer, sports addict and obsessed with learning new things and love to decode that stuff into simple and self-explanatory words.
I will do my best to serve my viewers with more pragmatic information about cryptocurrency and it’s associated technology and will try to keep you updated with current events of the cryptocurrency world