9 Best Bitcoin exchange 2018 worldwide
This article lists 9 best Bitcoin exchange 2018 to buy, sell and trade Bitcoin and altcoins. As the Bitcoin exchange provide an investment platform hence, the user needs a transparent, clean, user-friendly, popular, and secure platform where one can invest with a peace of mind.
Below listed best Bitcoin exchange is legit, seamless, secure, time-tested and suffice all primitive requirements of a primary user. Finding a secure a Bitcoin exchange is not a piece of cake. There are some features which a Bitcoin exchange has to be endowed with to fit on the list of 9 best bitcoin exchange 2018.
What to seek before choosing the best Bitcoin exchange 2018 worldwide
- The first thing which strikes mind for the best Bitcoin exchange 2018 is the security of the website. You always want the security of the site must be top of the line. The website should be trustworthy and reliable and give transparent details of the supported coins.
- Bitcoin exchange with multiple payment options does provide user flexibility to easily buy & sell Bitcoin and altcoins.
Volume of trade
- The third thing which you should consider for the best bitcoin exchange is the trading volume of the platform. High trading volume exchange does represent the reputation and trustworthiness of the trading platform. It provides you an insight of that cryptocurrency exchange that people are willing to spend their money on that very trading platform. It justifies the reliability and sound business practices of that network.
- The fourth factor which plays its role in the verge of the best Bitcoin exchange worldwide is the transaction and network fee. Fees express a percentage of the transaction amount and an average cap of around 0.30%. Usually lower the fees Better the altcoin exchange to buy, sell and trade altcoin.
Interface and customer support
- The interface makes a big difference between the best Bitcoin exchange and rest. Better the interface more user-friendly will be the trading platform. Customer support plays a major role in making the reputation of the Bitcoin exchange. A faster response time makes user experience more pleasant and delayed response time lead to frustration and decreases reputation of a cryptocurrency exchange
So considering these factors I have listed the top 9 best Bitcoin exchange 2018 worldwide
Coinbase exchange is one of the established, popular and without a doubt best Bitcoin exchange available online. The exchange was founded by Brian Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam in 2012 and based in San Francisco, California. Coinbase exchange ranked first in the hierarchy of best 9 Bitcoin exchange 2018.
The exchange supports 33 countries and has served over 12 million customers to exchange over $40 billion in top digital currencies. It also provides altcoin wallet to store supported altcoins in 190 countries. Cryptocurrencies supported are Bitcoin crypto, Ethereum, Bitcoin cash and Litecoin
Note – Always use cryptocurrency hardware wallet to store altcoins
Coinbase offers a wide variety of payment options. Users can buy & sell Bitcoins and three other altcoins instantly using the credit card & debit card, bank transfer, SEPA, and Xfers transfer (only used in Singapore).
Coinbase charge fees ranging from roughly 1.49% to 3.99%, depending on your payment method, transactions with the credit card are charged most. Cryptocurrency deposits and withdrawals are free of charge (now withdrawals is charged with minimal Bitcoin transaction network fee) updated
There are four account verification levels on Coinbase, and first, three levels verification takes only a couple of minutes. The fourth level verification can take weeks. Each upgraded account level increases the user’s weekly buy/sell limits. It ranges from 1000$ to 50000$ transaction per week.
Coinbase exchange is one of the best options for beginners to make their first purchase because of its very user-friendly interface. Thus it is effortless to acquire Bitcoin from here. They are consistently adding new features for making user experience smooth and painless.
Their customer support is satisfactory usually response time is less than 24 hours. But Coinbase is subjected to criticism by the online community that they track user cryptocurrency spending. If a user is investing in gambling sites, adult sites or any other shady stuff they usually freeze the account. Although they refund money to user bank account but still it is a violation of user privacy.
Coinbase security is robust. Two-factor authentication is necessary to even logged in. Passwords are encrypted and hash. In terms cryptocurrency wallet. Coinbase states that 98% of customer cryptocurrencies are stored in hardware wallets and paper wallets in vaults and safety deposit boxes worldwide.
In addition, Coinbase states that the remaining portion of cryptocurrency that is stored online is insured and that in the event of a hack, customers will be entitled to receive any funds lost through this insurance policy. But still, I will suggest using best hardware wallet to store your coins there is no alternative to hardware wallet if you planning for long-term.
Overall, Coinbase is one of the best bitcoin exchange in 2018 worldwide and a great place to start your cryptocurrency journey
- Established and reputed Bitcoin exchange
- High liquidy and buying limits
- A wide variety of payment options to buy & sell Bitcoins and altcoins
- Security is the robust and top notch
- Cryptocoins are insured
- Cold storage wallet for each altcoin
- .Not available in every country to buy altcoins
- .May track how it’s users spends cryptocurrency
- .Level 4 account verification take forever.
NOTE — Coinbase is not available to buy or sell Bitcoins in India. Indians can store, transfer, receive, and exchange Bitcoin from Coinbase.
Local Bitcoins exchange is a Finland based Bitcoin exchange founded in 2012. It is without a doubt worlds leading Bitcoin exchange and ranked second on the list of 9 best Bitcoin exchange worldwide 2018.
Local Bitcoins exchange is (p2p) person to person transactions all over the world. If we simplify it means you can directly interact with the person you are selling or buying Bitcoins. It is one of the larger peers to peer exchange in the world and so is one of the most trusted Bitcoin exchange
There is no selling or buying limit set by Local Bitcoins. It offers the variety of payment methods to buy and sell Bitcoin (almost every international payment option), including cash. On top of this, it also accepts the country local payment method. For example in India, you can make a transaction using Paytm and Bhim app which is widely-used local payment methods in the country.
One of the major factor why Local Bitcoins is so popular, it does not require any id verification to trade. They don’t even ask for personal details of the user, except those who want to trade in thousands of dollars. Transactions are instant and fast. Seller is only charged which 1% fee. There is no fee for the buyer.
Security is very robust. You can only trade after enabling 2-factor authentication. Each trader has a reputation rank and also public history records showing their past activities. LocalBitcoins also uses escrow service i.e. when you request a trade the money you send is held on and so does Bitcoin. Only after seller confirms the acceptance of payment then only Bitcoins are released.
Support is instant and fast. Support usually replies within an hour. Local bitcoins also offer a public forum where members can interact with other members and can find the solution to their problem. The interface is user-friendly and very easy to navigate even for newbies.
- . Local Bitcoins exchange is one one of the most private ways to purchase Bitcoin.
- . Highly respected and good reputation
- . Low transaction fees
- . No ID verification is needed.
- . A wide variety of payment methods available including cash, debit card, credit card and Paypal.
- . In person, cash trades are fast and is well organized by Local Bitcoins
- . One of the secure, popular, and trusted Bitcoin exchange in the world with millions of clients.
- Some clients require ID verification to trade larger amounts.
- In “in-person” cash deals, the speed of delivery is entirely dependent on the seller confirming payment.
- Not available in every country.
- There are many scams user. You need to be cautious.
Coin Mama is an Israel based veteran cryptocurrency exchange founded in the year 2013. If you wish to buy bitcoin with a debit card and credit card then there is no alternative to coinmama exchange.
Coinmama offers high liquidity and user can buy up to 10000$ cryptocurrency per day and 200000$ worth cryptocurrency in a month using the credit card & debit card. (thanks to companies like Simplex which have allowed exchanges to verify users with less risk, thus allowing the acceptance of credit cards rather the old methods like Western Union)
Coinmama offers the highest buying limits among all major Bitcoin exchange who accept the credit and debit card. Western Union and cash are also accepted payment method. Coinmama supports most countries worldwide among all popular Bitcoin exchange who accept the credit card.
In the US supported states are. “California, Colorado, Florida, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Illinois, Indiana Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, Massachusetts”.
Coinmama buying limit depends on the account verification level.
- An unverified user can buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin cash, Litecoin, ETC, Qtum, and Cardano worth 150$. Then comes level1, level2, and level3
- Level 1 — Transaction limit is 10,000$. To get level 1 verified, the user has to upload a scanned copy of the government-issued ID like Personal ID, driving license, passport or pan card (only one document)
- Level 2 — Transaction limit is increased to 50,000$. To get level 2 verified, the user needs to be level 1 verified and has to upload an extra government issued ID any of the above-mentioned documents.
- Level 3 — Transaction limit is increased to 1 million $ worth Bitcoins and altcoins
- There is no limit to a level 3 verified user. To get level 3 verified you should be level 2 verified and has to make a special request to the support ([email protected]).
In comparison to other popular Bitcoin exchange, Coinmama’s transaction fees are quite high, with a 5.50% fee per transaction. In addition, Coinmama charges an additional 5% fee on each credit and debit card transaction. Transactions are instant. Just after making payment, you can withdraw your coins. Customer support is also very fast usually replies within 10 minutes. Hence coinmama features negate the high fee. Coinmama is without a doubt is one of the best cryptocurrency exchange around. Coinmama ranked third on the list of 9 best bitcoin exchange worldwide.
- .Very user-friendly interface.
- .Offer one of the highest Bitcoins and altcoins buying limit per day (50000$) for verified members.
- .Offers credit card and cash as the payment method
- .Very fast transaction.
- .One of the best customer support.
- The transaction fee is comparatively high
Note — I strongly recommend Coinmama exchange if you want to buy Bitcoin and other top cryptocurrencies with the credit & debit card. Especially in hundreds of USD
Cex.io exchange is one of the established and popular cryptocurrency exchange in the market and stands at 4th on the list of best Bitcoin exchange 2018 worldwide. It was established in the year 2013. It is a company based in London and once was the cloud mining provider.
It let you trade in Bitcoin currency and other decentralized currencies. Cryptocurrencies available to buy, sell, and trade is Ethereum coin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Monero, Dash, Z-cash, Neo, Namecoin, Dogecoin, and Litecoin. Cex.io also supports fiat-currency like Euros, Pound, US dollar, Russian rubles. They provide multiple payment options to buy, sell and exchange cryptocurrency with fiat currency
- If you have a basic account, you can buy Bitcoins worth 500$.
- If you have verified account status, you can buy 100000$ worth of bitcoins per day. To be a verified account holder user has to upload a scanned copy of government-issued ID with a selfie holding it.
- There is also a ‘verified plus and Corporate account’ which allows buying unlimited amount worth cryptocurrencies. To get verified plus and corporate account status user has to make a special request to customer support.
One of the interesting thing about CEX.IO which makes it unique. If you bought 2 Bitcoins at a particular price. You can sell those Bitcoins at the same price you bought. Which is different from other exchanges where you have to wait until other users offer you your desired price. This method is known as fill-or-kill orders (FOK). Cex.io exchange charge 3.5% + $0.25 fee for buying Bitcoins and altcoins with the Visa or Mastercard. This is one of the lowest fees for credit card purchase.
Cex.io has a strong security architecture. They encourage enabling 2-factor authentication. There was one incident in 2013 when exchange got hacked but at that time exchange was young. They quickly patched up all vulnerabilities in exchange security architecture and since then everything is running smoothly.
It has a clean, straightforward and user-friendly interface. Customer support is of the highest standard and they usually answer within hours with a detailed explanation. Cex.io allows margin trading, auto trading and market trading on its advanced trading platform. Cex.io support 95% countries across the globe including India and the US.
- Very user-friendly interface, ideal for beginners.
- Cex.io offer multiple payment options like credit & debit card and wire transfer.
- The transaction is fast and instant
- Charge reasonable 3.5%+0.25$ fee if you fund your cex.io account using the credit & debit card
- Offers excellent customer support
- The user can buy an unlimited amount of bitcoins with upgrading to verified plus and corporate account
- The transaction fee is relatively high
Bitmex is the leading Bitcoin margin trading site and one of the best Bitcoin exchanges worldwide in the crypto exchange industry. Bitmex provides a pure platform for crypto trading Bitmex was launched by HDR Global Trading Limited in 2014, operating in Hong Kong and registered in the Republic of Seychelles. It is basically an altcoin trading platform offers a wide range of trading options
- Bitmex allows users to trade Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, zCash, Monero, Ripple, Tezos, USD, Chinese Yuan, and Yen and supports more than 100 crypto-trading pairs.
Bitmex has very competitive fees. There is no deposit fees and withdrawal fees. In the case of Bitcoin withdrawal, minimal Bitcoin network fees are charged.
Security is one of the main priority for the exchange. Till date, there have not been any security breaches and neither platform ever got hacked. Bitmex also offers cold storage wallet for Bitcoin and other altcoins. Platform interface is intuitive and easy to use but beginners will take some time to get accustomed.
As it is mainly an altcoin trading platform. Hence it offers high liquidity and user can trade with 1:300 leverage There is no match for Bitmex customer support in the cryptocurrency exchange industry. Bitmex supports almost every country except U.S.A
- Well established and undoubtedly one of the best Bitcoin exchange
- Multiple crypto trading options for crypto traders
- Competitive fee
- Robust security
- Customer support is of the highest standard.
- One of the advanced altcoin trading platform
- The interface is not newbie friendly. Beginners will take time to get accustomed
Changelly is a newly born instant cryptocurrency exchange launched in 2016. Changelly was established by the exact men who own MinerGate — a mining pool that will allow you to sign up for other miners across the globe. Changelly is based in Prague(Checkslovakia). The exchange is clean and easy to use, have an intuitive interface, best exchange rates, very low fees. So it checks all boxes required to fit on the list of best bitcoin exchanges worldwide.
It allows you to exchange one cryptocurrency for another in the most convenient way possible. It does this by aggregating and suggesting the best rates directly on its website. Changelly does offer you best exchange rate in comparison to other instant cryptocurrency exchange. Changelly accepts payments in nearly any cryptocurrency and you can receive a payout in any other cryptocurrency. It let you buy & sell Bitcoins and altcoins instantly with USD using the credit & debit card.
There is a static trading fee 0.5% fee, which is fairly competitive. However, cheaper rates are available when working directly on the market trading platform. But if you buy & trades using fiat currency (i.e., dollars, euros, etc.) directly then fee vary with this method. The trading fee can reach up to 15% on a bad day.
Changelly supports almost every country in the world including India, USA, and the UK. It has very high buying limits and solid liquidity. Security is top notch with a great customer support.
- No ID verification is needed to access the platform
- The largest offering of active altcoins in the cryptocurrency exchange industry.
- The interface is clean, simple, and beginner-friendly
- Can buy any cryptocurrency including Bitcoin with a credit & debit card
- Exchange rates are slightly higher when purchasing cryptocurrency using the credit & debit card
Paxful is a peer-to-peer bitcoin marketplace that allows you to quickly and easily buy and sell bitcoin. Paxful can be said as the sister site of Local bitcoins Paxful is located in Wilmington, Delaware USA and was launched in 2015. Paxful is very popular Bitcoin exchange with the large member base and has made its name in short span of time. It has user-friendly, clean, and easy to use interface.
Paxful offers the most diverse range of payment methods available online ( more than 300). Payment options include bank transfer, credit or debit card, PayPal, MoneyGram, Skrill, Amazon gift cards, cash, and including countries local payment options.
The transaction is swift and instant. Paxful facilitates Bitcoin trades in the same way as eBay facilitates the trading of everyday use goods. So it can be said as eBay of Bitcoin trades.
Paxful doesn’t charge buyers a fee. Instead, its fees come from sellers, who pay a fee equal to 1% of the total transaction amount. There is no directly purchasing fee. However, the buyer will be charged a fee chosen by the seller and this fee can vary greatly depending on the payment method used. For example, Paying by gift card often results in the higher fees.
Choose seller with caution because there are many negative reviews at the online forum. Check trader rating and past trades user feedback. Paxful also provides a public forum where you can interact with other members of the platform and ask for their trading experience or you can consult regarding any issue.
Security is robust. Paxful creates a wallet that will automatically store your funds as soon as you register to the platform. This wallet is a secure and efficient way to store and transfer funds on the site.
Paxful’s servers are also maintained in accordance with the highest banking specifications. While making any transaction funds are held in escrow until both parties confirm all parts of the transaction. Escrow service decreases any probability of getting scammed.
Overall, Paxful is one of the best bitcoin exchange available worldwide. It makes buying and selling Bitcoin as easy as you can get. There are no buying or selling limits and users can decide on the amount of identification verification they will use during trades. In addition, Paxful also has a wide variety of payment options.
My personal experience with Paxful is swift, seamless and hassle-free. It ticks all the boxes and completes almost every criteria to be ranked seventh on the list of best Bitcoin exchange worldwide 2018.
- Transactions are fast and instant
- About 300 hundred payment options
- Made a name for itself in a short span of time
- Easy to use and beginner-friendly platform
- Security is robust
- Watch out for scammers
- Slow customer support (still satisfactory)
Binance exchange is basically a Cryptocurrency trading broker. The exchange is based in Hongkong and founded by the team of professionals who have tons of experience in cryptocurrency industry. He worked as the technical director in Blockchain.info and his company provides trading systems to over 30 other platforms in the Cryptocurrency exchange industry.
- Binance supports more than 250 altcoins and popular for listing new ICO tokens than any other cryptocurrency exchange. Cryptocurrencies supported are Bitcoin crypto, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Ethereum coin, Ethereum Classic, EOS, Dash, LiteCoin, NEO, GAS, Zcash, Dash, Ripple and more. They allow about 300 altcoins to be traded on the platform and soon gonna increase them to more than 500 altcoins
Although Binance Bitcoin exchange is still new, it has shown impressive growth since the launch. It is now placed in 7 best altcoin trading brokers according to trading volume.
It only allows exchanging deposited altcoins with other altcoins doesn’t support fiat currency. (This is a major drawback of the exchange) Transactions are fast and instant. The Interface is intuitive, clean, and easy to use for the experienced user but it can be a little bit tricky for the newbie. There is no depositing fees and withdrawal fee
Overall, Binance exchange is able to gain user trust in such a short span of time and does deserve its place on the list of best Bitcoin exchange worldwide.
- Has gain user trust and reputation in a short span of time.
- Founded and managed by a team having tons of experience in Cryptocurrency exchange world.
- No deposit fee & low fees on transactions and withdrawals.
- Transactions are fast and instant
- Doesn’t support the fiat currency
- The interface is not beginner-friendly
Indacoin is a London-based exchange established in 2013. The exchange allows to buy & sell Bitcoins and altcoins instantly with USD using the credit card & debit card at best exchange rates. For buying, selling and trading cryptocurrency you require neither registration nor verification.
When the first time you will buy Bitcoins by any payment option you will receive a call from Indacoin with a 4-digit code, which should be entered on your order page. Payment method offers Payza, OkCash, UniPay, BTC-e other than the credit card.
You will have the buying limit of $50 for the first transaction. Then buying limit will be increased to $100 for the second transaction after 4 days of the first transaction. Then buying limit increased to $500 after eight days of the first buy. The total limit for the first month will be $5,000 and then no limits at all.
Security is stable enough to make platform secure for users You need to enable 2-factor authentication to use the platform. They don’t store user personal details as well as details of your credit card. They only allow 3-D secure card for the transaction.
Support is satisfactory and they do reply within 24 hours there are many options available for a user to contact support these are Live chat, email support, and phone support. Indacoin exchange supports more than 200 countries including the USA and India. Indacoin deservingly makes the list of best Bitcoin exchange 2018 worldwide.
- Support more than 200 countries including US & India
- Multiple payment methods including the credit & debit card
- No cryptocurrency depositing fee
- No ID verification is required to buy & sell Bitcoins
- Unlimited buying limit after first few transactions and 30 days.
- Comparatively high transaction fee
- No option for withdrawal using the credit & debit card.
Bitcoin exchange covered in the list of best Bitcoin exchange 2018 are reliable and established exchanges. They follow all the criteria requires to be a secure and best Bitcoin exchange. Although, there are a few other popular Bitcoin exchanges worldwide, which I will cover in another article.
Hello, I am HarshVasistha Btech(IT) from New Delhi, India. I am the Owner and the Author of coinexpansion. Although, I am not a techie but got infatuated with blockchain technology. Hence I commit myself to thorough and in-depth research on the core subject. Coinexpansion is the product of my cryptocurrency learning lust.
Hobbies – An avid reader, compulsive learner, passionate writer, sports addict and obsessed with learning new things and love to decode that stuff into simple and self-explanatory words.
I will do my best to serve my viewers with more pragmatic information about cryptocurrency and it’s associated technology and will try to keep you updated with current events of the cryptocurrency world